Sunday, July 20, 2008

Roaring Springs Water Park

Begging your 7-year-old son to go on a sort-of-scary water park ride is not one of my more admirable traits, but I LOVE going on the bigger water rides at Roaring Springs and so I managed to convince Ryan to go on the "Avalanche"! (Kallee - you would have been so proud of him). I am not going to lie, it was a bit intense and he definitely would not agree to go on it again . . . although I didn't think to ask him. In fact, on the way home - he even asked me, "why were you screaming the entire time on that ride?" Ouch! The truth hurts!!!!! It was a very hot weekend and we decided to head to Roaring Springs Water Park to have some water fun. It was great. The boys all had a good time. Nick loves the water and was not very happy when it was time to leave. Alex is getting braver and braver. Ryan suddenly developed an obsession with practicing his swimming skills. This should really pay off when we start swimming lessons in a few weeks. It was a really good day. Ryan did go with me on the Avalanche. The raft was super heavy and he wasn't much help as we (well, I) dragged it up many, many flights of stairs. It was worth it though as it felt like a free-fall at first. The lazy-river has become a favorite of everyone and we spent a lot of time going round and round the water park. Nick loved the slide and insisted on going down it over and over. We all had a lot of fun. Here's a few pictures:

Ryan & Alex Shawn & Nick Sliding












Ryan crawling thru Nick Having Fun













Krista & Alex posing for a p
ic











Nick loving his time in the sun

5 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! We still have never been here, it looks like a blast!
I love how you were able to get a picture of Shawn and Nick coming down. Priceless!

kallee said...

Good job Ryan! That is so funny you were screaming the whole time :) We'll have to go there when I visit!! I'll go on the avalanche with you!! love ya

Ashley said...

I love the pics...Nick is so smiley! I LOVE waterparks...next time I come and visit I for sure want to go there with you guys!!!

Young Family said...

Remember when you were a lifeguard :)

Amy said...

Too cute, your kids are so funny!