Saturday, May 15, 2010

Who Needs A Teenage Daughter?

People always ask me if I am "sad" that I will not have a daughter. I say "no" but I will admit that sometimes I do wonder what life would have/could have been like with a girl thrown into the mix of these crazy O'Dell boys. Well, tonight I got a good dose of reality where it doesn't matter about having a little girl who will grow into a teenage girl and occassionally think that I am the "worst mother ever".
Previously tonight . . . .

Nick: I want to play club penguin.
Mom: Not tonight. It's time for bed.
Nick: No Thanks!
Mom: Well, it is still time for bed.
Nick throwing himself down on the couch - apparantly annoyed.
Nick: You are the worst mother ever!
Mom slight surprised - c'mon he is only 3 yrs old
Mom: What?
Nick: (long sigh with face buried into the couch) You are the worst mother ever!

Hmmmm. Who needs teenage girl? I have Nick!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Priceless!

Young Family said...

Yep....sounds just like my 3 year old :)