Thursday, October 18, 2012

Notarized

Ok, so I must first apologize because it has been SEVEN months since I promised myself that I would blog. Life (and well to be honest - reality tv shows) gets in the way of my big plans for my blog. However, I have to get a memory on here so that I don't forget about it later on when my little Nickolas is much older!!! It was our 14th Anniversary yesterday and around 7:00 pm Shawn and I left the boys at home to go out to dinner. Ryan and Alex were babysitting Nick and AJ since we were just going to dinner and then back home. No problems anticipated! We were gone right around an hour and came home to a seemingly normal evening of getting the boys ready for bed. I asked Ryan how the little boys were and he said fine but that Nick had something black on his forehead that he had tried to wash off. I guessed it was marker since he had the markers out earlier while decorating a pumpkin. No biggie - it would wash off. As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed a perfectly positioned circle on the closet door from my notary stamp. A notary stamp that has permanent ink. I thought, "Great, nice!" I yelled up the stairs for AJ to come down and he did. I asked him if he was using my notary stamp. Shawn came in then and saw the newly decorated closet door and also asked AJ if he was stamping things. AJ stared at us silently. Hmmmmm. Suddenly I remembered Nick and the black mark on his head. Nick came down the stairs at that time and I see "the something black on his forehead". (see picture) I started laughing (I couldn't help myself). Shawn was not happy. I asked Nick if he had seen my notary stamp and he said that AJ had it! I seriously thought for a moment that AJ had stamped Nick on the forehead. Then common sense set in and I started giving Nick the parent-lecture about telling the truth. He started crying and said that he used my stamp cause he got bored while we were gone!!!! Shawn went off to find the "babysitters". I looked for the stamp. I found the stamp along with notarized pieces of my house including walls, counters, table, wii remotes, and let's not forget Nick of course. After telling him that the ink was permanent, I deposited Nick into the bathtub. I tried baby wipes, shampoo, soap - nothing was working to get it off his skin (forehead, chin, hands, hair, and chest). He told me that water wouldn't work cause he already tried that! Duh!!! Hence the smeared black ink across his face. I gave up and left him sitting in the bathtub while I went to see about cleaning the stamps. The magic eraser worked wonders on almost all of them, which got me thinking . . . . Now don't be calling CPS cause I diluted the magic eraser as much as I could, but it did an awesome job of getting the ink off of his forehead and hair. I could not get the ink off of his chin, but he told me that he stamped his chin about five times! Nice! And guess what - the next day was picture day at school. Awesome!!! Nothing like a cheesy kindergarten grin with black ink on your chin!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ahahahaha! You seriously made my day!