Monday, December 13, 2010

Alex's Christmas Piano Recital

Alex had his Christmas piano recital last night. He did great! I had packed his piano book "just in case" (although I knew he wouldn't need it!) He played his song toward the end of the program and as the time got closer, he kept looking over at me. Then, a few songs before him, he reached over and grabbed the piano book. I whispered to him "you don't need it" and he whispered back "everyone else is taking a book up there". When it was his turn, he proudly said his name and the title of his song. Then he played "Jolly Old St Nicholas" perfectly (without looking at the book once!). He has had a great teacher, who we will miss dearly as she is no longer teaching. Hopefully he will continue to progress though. Good job Alex!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Good job Alex!!! You are awesome! :)

Alex O'Dell said...

I kinda acctulay DID need my book, because I did it perfect all because of my book! :D