Saturday, February 6, 2010

More BBall

Another Saturday, another basketball game and . . . I finally got to go. Yes, I am sure my boys appreciated my constant yelling from the stands. Ryan actually told me that it was "helpful" and that he could "really hear me". Nice - cheerleading experience pays off in lots of ways! We played a VERY good team (not gonna lie, they had a michael-jordan-like-9-year-old with a head band and "just-for-basketball-shoes). Ryan looked terrified at the beginning of the game as he got assigned to guard the kid. But he did really well against him and he even scored at least 12 points! Whoohooo! Alex also did great. He fell down within the first 5 minutes of the game and got some pretty nice floor burns on his knees, but he did his best to finish out the quarter. After that, a few tears came, luckily mom came to the rescue with some kind of ointment found in her purse. He didn't want to go back in the game after that, but cheered on his team from the bench. The game was great. I had so much fun watching them. Go O'Dell Boys!!!

Ryan jumps to block a shot!

Alex waiting for a foul shot!

Ryan on defense!

1 comment:

kallee said...

Good Job O'Dell boys!!! You guys look awesome.... makes me sad I won't get to go to any of your games. Keep up the good work!