Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Conversation With Nick

I have a daily conversation with Nick a few times a day, that goes something like this:

Nick: Where Dad?
Mom: At Work
Nick: Dad at Work?
Mom: Yep, Dad's at work.
Nick: Where Dad?
Mom: At Work
Nick: Dad at Peppi ("Pepsi")?
Mom: Yep, Dad's at Pepsi.
Nick: Where Ry-Ry ("Ryan)?
Mom: Ryan is upstairs.
Nick: Oh. Where E ("Alex" don't know where this came from)?
Mom: Alex is upstairs.
Nick: Oh. Where Pop-Pop ("Grandpa")?
Mom: Grandpa is at home.
Nick: Pop-Pop at house.
Mom: Yes, Grandpa is at his house.
Nick: Oh. Where Kah-yee?
Mom: Kallee is in Las Vegas.
Nick: Kah-yee on aaapane.
Mom: Yes, Kallee went on an airplane to Las Vegas.
Nick: Oh. . . . . (thoughtful pause)
Nick: Where Ashee?
Mom: Ashley is in Las Vegas.
Nick: No, Ashee on aaapane.
Mom: Yep, Ashley went on an airplane to Las Vegas.
Nick: Oh . . . . (thoughtful pause)
Nick: Mom, where not-pop-pop (this is a recent name for "Grandma")
Mom: Grandma?
Nick: Yes, where not-pop-pop?
Mom: Grandma is at her house.
Nick: Oh.
Nick: Mom, where Dora?
Mom: Dora the Explorer?
Nick: where Dora?
Mom: Dora is at home on the tv.
Nick: Oh. . . . (thoughtful pause)
Nick: Mom, where Dad?

Repeat . . . Repeat. . . Repeat.

I have this conversation with Nick at least three times a day. I am not kidding either. I often get a little frustrated and the conversation ends with:

Nick: Oh, sah-eee ("sorry") mom.

Gotta love this little guy. As my first two boys were late-talkers, I have never had a two-year-old that talks this much all of the time. He says the most randome, sometimes interesting, things.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh Nickers! I love that kid! I especially love that he calls grandma "not pop-pop"....makes me laugh!!! I also enjoy that he is so polite, apologizes for everything "sah ee".